View by ManufacturerAlcatel (4)
Sierra Wireless (4)
Sony Ericsson (4)
Verizon Wireless (4)
Virgin Mobile (4)
Virgin Mobile USA (4)
Be Mobile Ready This Hurricane Season
- Signup for cellphone and smartphone emergency alerts for your community.
- Download the American Red Cross Hurricane app for smartphones. In addition to hurricane preparedness tips, the app can locate nearby shelters and provides a way for loved ones to share that they are safe, without burdening the overtaxed cell towers in the aftermath of an emergency.
- Keep your mobile phone plugged in so it's fully-charged when the power goes out, and know how to extend your battery life once you do lose power.
- Buy and fully-charge extra batteries for your phone now, because after the storm hits is too late. If youâre unable to remove your battery, purchase a backup power bank to keep your phone charged.
- Know how to use your car charger safely, as another option to power your cellphone or smartphone. Never run your car in a closed garage. Like extra phone batteries, now is the time to buy a phone car charger, not during the storm.
- Decide if a mobile hotspot is right for you. Whether using a stand-alone mobile hotspot device or a compatible smartphone, creating a mobile hotspot means you can connect all your WiFI-capable devices to the internet through your wireless carrier's network. Getting your tablet, laptop, or gaming system online might just be a relief in trying times.