View by ManufacturerAlcatel (4)
Sierra Wireless (4)
Sony Ericsson (4)
Verizon Wireless (4)
Virgin Mobile (4)
Virgin Mobile USA (4)
5 Easy Mistakes To Make When Buying A New Phone
Purchasing a new phone can be stressful--there are a ton of choices with complicated names and you end up overlooking a lot of great phones. So before you make this big decision, Wirefly has a list of mistakes that you don't want to make when purchasing your next smartphone or cell phone.
- Not buying the phone you really want because of price. There are plenty of ways to get around price when eyeing a phone that you really want, like shopping online at Wirefly. You can even earn some extra cash by recycling an old phone or other technology that you don't use. You're stuck with this phone for two years, so you need to love it.
- Not taking the time you need to make sure you have the right plan for what you use. Meaning, if your phone needs have changed since you bought your current plan, you could be saving a lot of money by looking at different plans and switching to one that suits you better. Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless have all released new plans in the last few months that could fit your usage better than the plan you selected a few years ago.
- Buying a phone that is way too big to carry around in your hand or pocket comfortably. Screens on smartphones have recently started growing to sizes that almost match some tablets. While it might sound like a good idea to buy a phone with a massive 6 inch screen, think about trying to conveniently carry it around every day.
- Not looking into prepaid phones before you sign a contract. Prepaid phones have a lower cost per month and there's no binding contract. Prepaid phones are also great for individuals. If you don't need a family share plan, you should absolutely check out the latest deals on prepaid phones before you sign another contract. One thing to keep in mind when shopping for a prepaid or regular cell phone is to check coverage in your local area. Most prepaid phones work best in major metro areas, so check before you buy that the prepaid carrier will reach work where you need it.
- Buying from the carrier stores instead of buying online! Purchasing a smartphone or cell phone online at places like Wirefly will make your life a lot easier. It's cheaper, we regularly have great deals for our customers, and all you have to do is browse through the various phone selections to find what you want! Wirefly's guaranteed free shipping also makes your online purchase easier than going to the carrier store.
These are only a few of the mistakes you could make before purchasing a new phone. But don't feel discouraged! The main trick is to not get overwhelmed and to explore all of your options, especially online at Wirefly! If you're ready to start shopping for your next phone, use Wirefly's written reviews, customer ratings, and comparison review videos to help you pick the right phone for you. Like always, we've got you covered.