View by ManufacturerAlcatel (4)
Sierra Wireless (4)
Sony Ericsson (4)
Verizon Wireless (4)
Virgin Mobile (4)
Virgin Mobile USA (4)
Samsung TechTile App & Stickers: Just Tap
Operating System: Android
App Cost: $0.00 (as of 8/6/13)
Why This is Wirefly BUZZworthy
Samsung TecTile is an app, which lets your Android smartphone read and write to programmable Near Field Communication (NFC) embedded stickers, also called TecTile tags. Using this app, you can easily program TecTile tags to change settings on your phone, launch applications, check-in to places, update social status, or even make phone calls or send text messages automatically whenever you tap your phone to the tag. You can stick the little TecTile tags just about anywhere and use any NFC-enabled Android smartphone to perform the action stored in the TecTile.
Some examples of apps and settings you can program into the TecTiles are:
- Set your smartphone up the way you like it when you get to work, or when you get in your car.
- Switch between pre-defined or custom profiles. Create a "meeting" TecTile and put it on the conference room table that will mute one person's phone while letting another person set their phone to vibrate.
- Launch any app you have on your phone. You can even set music volume for music players or internet radio applications.
- Make a tag that will connect a phone to your WiFi network. Great for visitors to scan when they arrive at your home or office.
- Send an SMS text message to the number you choose. This is the 'Honey, I'm Home' tag.
- Create a tag that shares a contact's details. Great as a way to exchange business cards.
- Make a tag that checks the reader into the Facebook Place that you choose. A small business owner might want to put this tag on the reception desk or next to the register.
You will need Samsung TecTile NFC Programmable Tags to use with this app. You can purchase tags directly from Wirefly with the purchase of a new smartphone or you can just purchase the TecTiles by themselves to use with your existing NFC-capable smartphone.
- A great way to make quick changes to your smartphone settings
- It's easy to program TecTiles
- Once programed, TecTiles work with multiple phones
- Currently does not adjust GPS settings
- TecTiles are not cheap to buy, but can be re-programmed again and again
- Tags are limited to one style of action - ex. one tag can not change settings and send a text message
The Samsung TecTile app paired with the TecTiles have many uses in the home or at the office. I think you will see NFC tags like these take over where QR codes left off. They have many personal uses, but are also a great way for businesses to get customers to interact with a product or service.