View by ManufacturerAlcatel (4)
Sierra Wireless (4)
Sony Ericsson (4)
Verizon Wireless (4)
Virgin Mobile (4)
Virgin Mobile USA (4)
MyFitnessPal Helps You Track All Of Your Fitness Goals
Operating System: BlackBerry, iOS, Windows, Android
App Cost: $0.00 (as of 9/05/13)
Why This is Wirefly BUZZworthy
MyFitnessPal, a free app for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry smartphones, is a great motivator to help you meet your weight loss goals. Within the MyFitnessPal app, you can get support from your community of friends, track progress, and set your weight loss goals. MyFitnessPal's community-oriented app design helps you leverage encouragement from your friends when you need it most.
While there is a MyFitnessPal website, this easy to use mobile app lets you take these features with you wherever you go. You can input or edit your goals, enter your caloric intake for each meal and add new food data to the list if it doesn't already exist. The graphical progress screen will help you see and digest (sorry, a little weight loss humor) everything from the foods you ate to the exercise you did to burn the calories.
The biggest benefit that I see with using the MyFitnessPal app is that it offers a community aspect not offered by the other weight loss apps, on top of the dedicated website with a variety of convenient tools.
- Track both cardio and strength training, including sets, reps, and weight/rep
- Connect with friends and easily track and motivate each other
- Track your weight, measurements and more
- View charts of your progress over time for motivation
- Daily nutritional summary with all major nutrients
- Barcode scanner - scan the barcode of a food and easily find it's match in the food library
- Would like to see BMI(body mass index) calculator from website included in the mobile app
- Need to have internet connection to use food library to enter food
The MyFitnessPal app is a great tool to help you track and hold yourself accountable for the foods that you eat. In the end, if you're trying to get fit, any tool or support is better than none, and MyFitnessPal is free so it's definitely worth a try.