Take A Field Trip With Google
Operating System: iOS, Android
App Cost: $0.00 (as of 7/16/13)
Why This is Wirefly BUZZworthy
Get ready to take a Field Trip with a new smartphone app created by Google! Field Trip, available in the Google Play store and iTunes App store, is your new best friend.
Let Field Trip be your historical guide without the cost or annoying chatter. Running in the background of your smartphone once installed, this app will alert you with a card showing what important site or building you are approaching either on your walk to the park or while on a road trip. It even tells you the best places to eat and shop, with help from Zagat, Food Network, Thrillest, WeHeart, Inhabitat, and more.
Field Trip will point out so many cool places on your commute that you never noticed, and will tell you all that you could possibly want to know about them. It can make a road trip to a new place fun, or freshen up your hometown with places you never saw.
With this smartphone app, you will have access to 23 of the nation's best museums and zoos...for FREE! Until the end of July, 2013, Field Trip will not only act as it normally does, but it will provide you free access into select museums and zoos. Explore New York City, Washington, D.C., and more great cities' best museums for the whole month of July for free. And while you're at it, learn even more about the city, eat, shop, and explore with Field Trip.
- Runs in the background of your phone
- Tells you when you are approaching an important building or site
- Provides local restaurants and shopping information
- Allows you to give a "thumbs up" for information you like and "thumbs down" for what you don't like as much
- Remembers your likes and dislikes
- Easy when driving--reads text aloud
- Runs in the background of your phone, which may drain battery and data
- Not currently available to tablets
For the month of July, you can have FREE access into 23 of the nation's best museums and zoos, along with all the other cool features of the app! Whether you're an avid traveler or a local history buff, you will definitely want to take a Field Trip.